
Last week, Erin and I were lucky enough to have the opportunity to head to downtown Chicago and see an awesome performance by the Blue Man Group.
We set out late afternoon with Julie V to drive into the city. It took nearly 2 hours, if my memory serves correctly, on a journey that, without traffic, would take around 40 minutes. Insane. We did eventually arrive there, though, where we met Julie C and had dinner at Subway.
We turned up just before 7, as we were to be ushers for the evening. In exchange, we get to see the performance for free. After handing out playbills and busily directing people to their seats, including a rather rowdy bunch of kids and a nice, old English couple on my side, we went back out to the lobby to claim our free drink. A small plastic cup of Coke was $3.00, so I was content that I was getting it for free.
We ended up having pretty good seats and the show was absolutely fantastic. If you're ever in Chicago, you need to see it!
No comments:
Post a Comment